MegaLAP Time Attack 2012 Finale: Night Edition, Sepang, 1 December 2012
They say the Best Drivers can lap at night as quick as in the daytime. So it’s time to put that to rest: Are you a MegaDRIVER?!?
And hey, since it’s the end of the year, since it’s the last round of the season, and especially since it’s that time when all those party-going chickas are back in town from overseas for their year-end holidays, we thought we’d add some value:
Introducing TWELVE REUNION ROOFTOP PARTY!
13 local DJs and 1 to-be-confirmed international DJ will be spinning from 3pm till late Late LATE!!
After the on-track action, head upstairs to rave all night long! No shit people, this is the Real Deal. TWELVE is one of the best and most well-known local dance-parties, and it’s joining us for the 2012 Finale!!!
Tickets are RM 58 pre-sale, and RM 78 at the door.
For more information on the party, please visit their Facebook page by clicking here
PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT REGISTRATION IS OFFICIALLY OPEN!!
Location: Sepang F1 Circuit
Date : Saturday 1st December 2012
Time : 7pm – 11pm
Price : RM 500/SGD 230 entry by Wednesday 28/11; RM 600 for late entries
- Includes the RM 100/SGD 50 transponders deposit.
Confirmation/Registration by payment on first come first serve basis.
Regulations are the same, with the explanation here.
The CLUBSPRINT – CAMPRO CHASE is expanded to include Proton 4G1x series engines and shall be renamed CLUBSPRINT – CAMPRO / 4G1x. General regulations for this category is outlined here.
1530: Registration and log-in
1800: Driver’s Briefing (Compulsory)
1900: Practice Run
2000: Session 1 – Clubsprint
2030: Session 2 – Pro FF + 4WD
2100: Session 3 – Pro RWD + Open + Supercars
2130: Session 4 – Clubsprint
2200: Session 5 – Pro FF + 4WD
2230: Session 6 – Pro RWD + Open + Supercars
2300: Prize Giving Ceremony
HOW IT WORKS:
Everyone gets to run in the 1-hour practice session.
Each category will then be given 2 x 25 minute runs, in alternate sessions e.g. Session 1 and Session 4, or Session 2 and Session 5, or Session 3 and Session 6.
– Don’t go out as soon as the session light turns green. Give it about 5-6 minutes, then head out and do 2 flying laps, and make them good ones!
– PG is notoriously hard on tyres.. but only if you drive like a dick! Carry a bit less speed into turns to avoid scrubbing your front tyres and understeer, focus on a clean entry with late turn-in and power-out on the exit
– Turns 1, 5 and 6 are the hardest on your front-left tyres. Do not scrub at these turns, load them up gently on turn-in and be smooth
Categories are divided by tyre-classification. Clubsprint is for Street Tyres, Pro is for Semi-Slick tyres:
– ClubSprint for street cars on street tyres, up to 2.5L capacity. Sub-categories for VTEC/Turbo, NA, and Proton Campro/4G1x.
– Pro Spec for street cars on semi-slick tyres (as per THIS LIST), in accordance to World Time Attack Rules. Sub-categories for 4WD, RWD, FF-NA, and FF-FI
– Open 2WD and Open 4WD are for pure competition-prepared vehicles on semi-slicks, SFI-level racing safety gear required
– Supercars category is for… Supercars! This has been defined HERE
FOR REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
Singapore: get in touch with Henry Tang +65-81982081 / email@example.com
Malaysia: kindly contact Faisal Asri +6016 262 4299 / firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Adian Yein Khalid +6012-6881200 / email@example.com
Registration Agents (Malaysia): N1 Racing, Sunway
OR Millennium Motorsports, Sunway
OR DragStar, Aman Suria
Last date for Federal Motorsport Tyres order for MegaLAP Finale is 22 Nov 2012 (1-week before event). The program now includes both the FZ201 and the 595 RSR tyres. For more information and list of sponsored-rate tyres and prices, check out the page here.
Here’s a video of the TWELVE party from Merdeka Race 2012..